Bethany Village’s Commitment to Corporate Compliance
Bethany Village strives to conduct itself in accordance with the highest level of business and community ethics and in compliance with applicable federal and state governing laws. Bethany Village recognizes the problems that both deliberate and accidental misconduct in the health care industry can pose to society. Bethany Village is committed to ensuring that it operates under the highest ethical and moral standards and that its activities comply with applicable laws.
Who is responsible? Everyone. This includes employees, board members, volunteers, physicians, and those with which we do business.
Examples of what needs to be reported:
- Altering medical records – incomplete or inaccurate documentation of care
- Quality of care issues
- Inappropriate discharge planning
- Unbundling of charges in order to receive higher payments
- Questionable billing, coding or medical record documentation practices
- Denying patient freedom of choice
- Giving or accepting something of value in exchange for patient referrals
- Any activity or business practice that could possibly be interpreted as unethical or illegal
How to Report Compliance Violations
Report violations to your supervisor.
Contact the Director of Corporate Compliance, Liz Corveleyn at .
OR, Leave a written explanation in the compliance drop boxes located in the Manor and in the Courtyards break room areas.
OR, Call the compliance hotline at (607)378-6569.
- All reported compliance issues will be investigated.
- You may report a concern anonymously if you wish.
- Retaliation against anyone who, in good faith, raises a compliance issue is prohibited.