Adult Day Club
What is the Adult Social Day Club:
The Day Club is a program of structured activities designed for adults in the community who may require supportive care. The Day Club provides social interaction and stimulating recreational activities. It also provides a secure, pleasant and home-like atmosphere, which
promotes independence and self-esteem. The program offers caregivers an opportunity to pursue employment or enjoy some needed respite, while offering the reassurance that a loved one is being cared for during the day by caring and professional staff.
Who Can Benefit From the Day Club:
· With some memory loss or confusion.
· Who are functionally impaired and may require some assistance with activities of daily living.
· Who are socially isolated or require some supervision and who would benefit from being part of a group setting.
· Whose caregiver is employed outside of the home.
· Whose caregiver needs an occasional break from caregiving.
· Whose caregiver at home experiences difficulties finding consistent, reliable help.
What Type of Services and Activities are Available
· Program supervision by a Professional Nurse
· Exercise program geared for adults
· Medication supervision
· Stimulating recreational activities
· Socialization with their peers
· Nutritious lunch and snacks
· Community outings
· Assistance in arranging for other community services
· Caregivers Support Group